UDC Library Information Commons
- Hours of operation | Building Hours
- Request delivery of library materials to and from the UDC
- Quiet places to study in the UDC
- UDC Transportation
The Library-Information Commons, located on the main floor of the University Downtown Center (UDC), maintains a collection of books, regional government documents, and current periodicals. Circulation services, course reserves, Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad), and reference assistance are available.
Thirty six PCs with access to online research material and productivity software are available for student use. The Library-Commons also provides student quota printing and two document scanners. Four group study rooms with laptop ready projection equipment, five individual study rooms, and an adaptive technology room for students with special needs are available.
The UDC houses the College of Community and Public Affairs (CCPA) which includes the Department of Social Work, the Department of Human Development, the Department of Public Administration, and the Department of Student Affairs Administration.
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please note that students have access to the computer pods, lounges, and group study rooms during building hours, even if the Library-Information Commons is closed. See our hours.
In addition to the four study carrels in the UDC Library, the following rooms are available for quite study during UDC building hours (see below).
- Room 123 (Computer Pod)
- Rooms 124A-D (Multi-media group study rooms)
- Room 215 (Study Lounge with vending machines)
- Room 328 (Graduate Computer Pod)
- Room 357 (Graduate Student Lounge)
University Downtown Center Library – Information Commons
67 Washington Street
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000